- Soil degradation control
- Cover crops in woody crops (olive groves, vineyards)
- Conservation Agriculture and its effect on the balance of water, carbon and nitrogen in soils.
- Physical, chemical and biological soil indicators.
- Agronomic and physiological study of indicators of drought resistance in crops and wild species.
- Biology, ecology and population dynamics of weeds.
- Sustainable weed control. Improvement of conventional methods.
- Nematodes as indicators of the diversity and functionality of soil
- Assessment and multiplication of Plant Genetic Resources.
- Regeneration and multiplication of cultivated and wild species, of cereals and legumes base and active collections.
Dr. José Luis Tenorio
José Luis Tenorio is a Senior Researcher at the National Research Institute of Agricultural and Food Technology (INIA). In the last thirty years, Dr. Tenorio has focused his research on different topics related to conservation agriculture, physiological resistance of crop plants to abiotic stress, crop production or recovery of degraded soils. José Luis has participated in 17 national research project funded by the National Programs for Fundamental Research and Resource oriented Agro-food Technologies and several agreements with industries of the agronomical sector. Dr. Tenorio has also participate in several European projects. He has supervised several Doctoral Theses. José Luis Tenorio is responsible of the Plant Production Unit within the Department of Environment (INIA) and responsible for the Radioactive Facility IRA260A .
At national levels COSVE collaborates with research group within the AGRISOST consortium and other national institutions such as the Fat Research Institute (CSIC), Agricultural and Technological Institute of Castilla y León, Madrid Institute for Research and Rural Development in Food and Agriculture, Research Institute “Finca La Orden de Extremadura”, Research Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Training in Andalusia, the Navarro Institute of Technology and Infrastructure Agrofood, the Technical University of Madrid, Complutense University and Autonomous University of Madrid, University of Alcala de Henares and Lleida.
At international level COSVE collaborates with FAL (Bundesforschungsanstalt fuer Landwirtschaft), Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, University of Bologna (Italy) Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Agroambientali, University of California and the Center for Renewable Energy Sources (CRES) in Athens.
- Tellez-Rio, A., Garcia-Marco, S., Navas, M., Lopez-Solanilla, E., Rees, R.M., Luis Tenorio, J., Vallejo, A., 2015. Nitrous oxide and methane emissions from a vetch cropping season are changed by long-term tillage practices in a Mediterranean agroecosystem. Biology and Fertility of Soils 51, 77-88.
- Tellez-Rio, A., Garcia-Marco, S., Navas, M., Lopez-Solanilla, E., Tenorio, J.L., Vallejo, A., 2015. N2O and CH4 emissions from a fallow-wheat rotation with low N input in conservation and conventional tillage under a Mediterranean agroecosystem. Science of the Total Environment 508, 85-94.
- Fernandez-Getino, A.P., Santin-Montanya, M.I., Zambrana, E., de Andres, E.F., Tenorio, J.L., 2015. The response of barley to rainfall and temperature in different tillage and crop rotation systems in semi-arid conditions. Annals of Applied Biology 166, 143-153.
- Fernandez-Getino, A.P., Tenorio, J.L., Santin-Montanya, M.I., 2015. Overview on soil fertility management for cereals crops in semi-arid conditions of Spain. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 61, 139-151.
- Martin-Lammerding, D., Navas, M., del Mar Albarran, M., Luis Tenorio, J., Walter, I., 2015. LONG term management systems under semiarid conditions: Influence on labile organic matter, beta-glucosidase activity and microbial efficiency. Applied Soil Ecology 96, 296-305.
- Santin-Montanya, M.I., Zambrana, E., Fernandez-Getino, A.P., Tenorio, J.L., 2014. Dry pea (Pisum sativum L.) yielding and weed infestation response, under different tillage conditions. Crop Protection 65, 122-128.
- Martin-Lammerding, D., Tenorio, J.L., Albarran, M.M., Zambrana, E., Walter, I., 2013. Influence of tillage practices on soil biologically active organic matter content over a growing season under semiarid Mediterranean climate. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 11, 232-243.
- Santin-Montanya, M.I., Martin-Lammerding, D., Walter, I., Zambrana, E., Tenorio, J.L., 2013. Effects of tillage, crop systems and fertilization on weed abundance and diversity in 4-year dry land winter wheat. European Journal of Agronomy 48, 43-49.
- Santín-Montanyá, M.I, Zambrana, E., Tenorio, J.L. .2013. Weed management in cereals in semiarid environments. A review. Herbicides – Current research and case studies in use. In Intech. Eds.: Andrew J. Price and Jessica A. Kelton. ISBN: 9789535111222
- Soldevilla-Martinez, M., Martin-Lammerding, D., Tenorio, J.L., Walter, I., Quemada, M., Lizaso, J.I., 2013. Simulating improved combinations tillage-rotation under dryland conditions. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 11, 820-832.
- de Andres, E.F., Tenorio, J.L., del Mar Albarran, M., Walter, I., 2012. Carbon Dioxide Flux in a Soil Treated with Biosolids Under Semiarid Conditions. Compost Science & Utilization 20, 43-48.
- Martin Lammerding, D., Hontoria, C., Luis Tenorio, J., Walter, I., 2011. Mediterranean Dry land Farming: Effect of Tillage Practices on Selected Soil Properties. Agronomy Journal 103, 382-389.
- Sanchez-Moreno, S., Ferris, H., Young-Mathews, A., Culman, S.W., Jackson, L.E., 2011. Abundance, diversity and connectance of soil food web channels along environmental gradients in an agricultural landscape. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 43, 2374-2383.
- Sanchez-Moreno, S., Jimenez, L., Alonso-Prados, J.L., Garcia-Baudin, J.M., 2010. Nematodes as indicators of fumigant effects on soil food webs in strawberry crops in Southern Spain. Ecological Indicators 10, 148-156.
- de Andres, E.F., Tenorio, J.L., Walter, I., 2010. Biomass production and nutrient concentration of kenaf grown on sewage sludge-amended soil. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 8, 472-480.
- Krasuska, E., Cadorniga, C., Tenorio, J.L., Testa, G., Scordia, D., 2010. Potential land availability for energy crops production in Europe. Biofuels Bioproducts & Biorefining-Biofpr 4, 658-673.