- Genetic improvement by plant breeding of durum wheat and wheat quality
- Genetic resistance by plant breeding of hexaploid wheats to Hereterodera and Mayetiola
- Genetic variability of grass germplasm
- Brachypodium distachyon
- Genetic improvement by plant breeding of energy crops
- Location and chromosomal mapping of storage proteins in species of Triticale
Dr. Jose María Carrillo
José María Carrillo is a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology at the Technical University of Madrid. José María has focused his scientific career in plant breeding, in particular, on the functional and nutritional quality of wheat, the genetic diversity of germplasm of grasses or the genetic improvement of energy crops. Dr. Carrillo has been PI of several national and international research projects and signed collaborations with different companies of the seed sector. José María has participated in several patents and formed part of different Expert Panels at several organization.